Friday 1 August 2008

Summer Stitching Challenge Complete


I've just finished knitting the back of D's jumper. Not bad considering I've just bee doing a few rows here and there when I have finished other projects.

I can't believe my baby has grown this much!

Before I started knitting today, I stitched the last flower remaining in the Summer Stitching Challenge. My last one was the iris.

I again used crayons to tint the fabric and then used DMC threads 552 and 3346 for the embroidery. Stitches used were stem stitch, backstitch and straight stitch.




I am thinking of using the iris, marigold and rose to make a wall hanging. I have used crayon tiniting on all these patterns so should go well together. I have yet to decide what to do with the pansy.

5 comments:

zetor said...

Such talent. It's all lovely!

Karan said...

Great progress with the jumper. The Iris is gorgeous - what a lovely hanging it will make with all three pieces. :0)

Anonymous said...

ooooh your knitting is so pretty!!! and that flower thingie... wow!! i couldn't do that kind of stuff. or i probably could if i had directions, but that is beside the point.
you = talented. :D

peace,
-Sarah

Rudee said...

You are so talented. Years ago, I did cross stitch. I don't anymore, but you tempt me. I love the iris. It's one of my favorite flowers.

Brandie said...

Both knitting and embroidery are gorgeous! I love how you tinted the fabric too - with crayons! I would have never thought of that, despite the fact only a million of them are floating around the house! =)