Sunday 10 August 2008

A Successful Knitting Day

It's amazing what can be accomplished with a bit of peace and quite and no interruptions. Once lunch was out of the way, and the boys had gone out, I got myself comfortable with a cup of tea, olympics on the television and knitting needles in my hands.

It wasn't long before I had completed knitting the next front.

After making another cuppa, two sleeves were very quickly off the needles.
Then came the pleasurable task of sewing all the pieces together. As it is the first size, I quite enjoyed this and it wasn't long in the doing.
The next task was the border. This was a garter stitch border that went all around the edges of the garment. I stitched it into place as I went along. Nothing worse in knitting past where the button holes had to go, or not to reach all the way round comfortably.

And here is the finished article, waiting for blocking and buttons. There is also plenty to do a matching hat or booties. I'll ask the boys what they would prefer.

4 comments:

Ginnie said...

A good afternoons work there!! It looks lovely - well done.

Rudee said...

It's an adorable sweater. Apparently, it's also a quick knit! Your work is lovely.

Ally Jay said...

What a fast pace knit. It looks fabulous too.

Anonymous said...

What an excellent pattern, it is so intricate but looks doable. How wonderful. Baby knitting patterns are my thing, because they are small, quick to complete and quick gratification. I'd love this one. I love some of your other posts too. I am a cross stitcher too. Nice job here.