Monday 18 August 2008

Summer Embroidery Challenge Update

I am in the process of "finishing" the pieces from the Summer Embroidery Challenge. I have decided to use the three crayon tinted pieces to make a wall hanging. This is a first for me, so I apologise to any of you that see all the things I have done wrong. Any tips will be thankfully received, if not in time for this project, definitely for future projects.

The three embroideries were joined together with fabric between, and then long strips down the sides. This formed a whole piece with the embroideries "framed" with the fabric.

I have used a complimentary fabric on the back, with some lightweight batting between.

As I started this late this evening I am going to wait until tomorrow to finish it. I don't want to ruin it by making mistakes because I am tired.

I like the look of it so far, it has really brought out the colours in the embroidery, and it looks so cheerful and summery. It's a shame the weather outside doesn't match the mood.

After getting a new printer today, I was able to scan my samples and send them off. I have never done this before, so I was so relieved to find out that they were liked and just what the author wanted. It might not be such a nerve wracking experience next time.

Yesterday I finally finished the front on D's jumper, which means there is a small matter of sleeves to be knitted.

I have made a start on the first but still haven't finished the increase rows yet. I'll just have to see how much I can get done before I go to bed tonight.

7 comments:

Paula Hewitt said...

this is very pretty. I have never done crayon tinting, so cant offer any advice or tips, but it all looks pretty good from here!

and you knit so fast -It takes me hours just to knit garter stitch for a scarf - Id never even contemplate a jumper like this.

Nancy McCarroll said...

The Summer Pieces are lovely; am thinking of doing a large one on the back of an old white shirt (crayons and embroidery, that is). Like your blog.

Ginger said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful. Those flowers are so pretty!

Vanessa said...

Wow! Your embroidery / crayon work is beautiful and your knitting is as well.
Nice work

Rudee said...

This is beautiful. You're so talented! I love the jumper too. Your knitted work is lovely.

Karen said...

this all looks good to me, no tips or hints needed in my opinion!

Karan said...

The wallhanging is looking lovely - looks perfect. Great progress on the jumper & the little butterfly in your previous post is pretty too. :0)