Tuesday 26 August 2008

Sampler Espanol-Part 2

This is part two of the Sampler Espanol. It's almost half completed. I may have got a bit further if I hadn't got the placement of one of the patterns wrong by one thread! Unpicking seems to take forever.

Thank you for all the compliments about this piece. Blackwork isn't difficult to do, but I don't think I would want to do copious amounts of it. This piece isn't so bad as there are so many varieties of patterns, though stitching over one thread does take a long time. I love the overall look of blackwork, so it will be worth it in the end.



To give my hands a break I did get some knitting done. At the moment, it is difficult to see the pattern on this jumper, but it will show up as I get further along.

I am using quite an old pattern. I think I have knitted one of these before. It is Sirdar pattern 4004. I am doing the round neck sweater. I am using James C Brett Stonewash double knitting, shade SW1 as chosen by D. It is a wool acrylic mix.

The colour doesn't really show up well on here. I'll try and get a photo in daylight and see if it shows up better, but it knits up with a tweedy effect which I like.

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

Your Blackwork looks lovely. I love how it looks but get bored stitching it too!

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

thank you for coming by my blog, I really appreciate it! That tweed yarn is lovely.