Saturday 9 August 2008

A Welcome Visit From the Post Man

The cross stitch group on Stitching Fingers are participating in a card swap. As you know, I completed mine last night, but this came for me in the post this morning.I think it is absolutely gorgeous. A big thank you to Shari in Canada.
As you can see from the close up, the stitches are tiny and must have taken a long time to complete. It is now taking pride of place on the mantelpiece.

Typically, the boys are just as interested in the stamps on the envelope.

9 comments:

Ginnie said...

What a lovely card, such delicate stitching.

Patty said...

What a plump little bird and so cute!

Gina E. said...

That is so cute, Jane! And beautifully stitched.

Mozi Esme said...

That is really beautiful!

Miriam said...

It is a very nice card!

Olga said...

What a sweet funny bird!I love the card you got, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love it when the postman holds off delivering my surprise until I'm able to finish the one I need to send off. The one you got is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Shari is a wonderful stitcher!
Hugs,
Kerry

Karan said...

Oh I love these little birdies - seriously cute. :0)