Sunday 31 August 2008

UFO updates


As promised here are the photo updates on the UFO's. The above picture shows where I have come across to the left of the canvas and started on the main water section. I've also filled in a lot of the "missing" stitches in this section on the right. The dark brown stitching was also done this week. I think this week I'll be concentrating on the water and trying to bring it up to the same level as the rocks.
With the cross stitch, it has been green all the way. Several shades of green in fact. The stem has grown upwards, the right leaf is almost complete and a new leaf has started on the left. This was quite hard to get going again because of the closeness of the colours, but I am beginning to get into this now. It may even become a work in progress if I can get to finish some of these jumpers finished and off the needles. Talking of jumpers, I am happy to say that I completed knitting the back of D's jumper. He was quite pleased when he came home and saw what I had done.
I've even gone quite a way on the first sleeve too. I may even manage to complete this one this week. Weyhey!


4 comments:

loulee said...

Did I miss the post which says what these designs are?

Well done you on the jumper. Once folks get past about 5 Aunty Loulee stops knitting!

Anonymous said...

oh nicee! i love cross-stitch.i think it's the easiest form of all embroidery.. :)

thank you for your nice comment on mah blog.. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're knitting is awesome. I'd love to learn how to knit. There are so many beautiful creations (like this one) that make me want to learn.

Karan said...

Good progress on your WIP's. Like the idea you mentioned of doing one threads worth. Looking forward to seeing another knitting finish. :0)