Friday 29 August 2008

Lap Quilt

What a couple of days. What with trips to doctors and emotional mother moments, I don't seem to have got very far. I felt so drained yesterday evening, I just sat and watched television. Now, that doesn't happen very often, but I just didn't have the motivation to do anything.

Yesterday wasn't a total waste, and I was very pleased to get the lap quilt put together. These are all the blocks that I have been doing with TAST. Hopefully, I will get you a better picture when the boys get home and they can hold it up for me.


For the back of the quilt, I chose a very pale green fabric with little white flower print. I am pleased to say I have some left over. It is so pretty, I will be happy to use it for something else.

I have been sat doing the hemming today, but guess what? I have run out of thread after I got three quarters of the way round. Another thing to add to the list when I next go to town.
I am quite pleased with this as a first attempt, but I know it is not perfect, and I have a list of things to adjust for the next one. I even enjoyed putting it together. There is something about quilting and what it does to the fabric that is quite satisfying. Also, hemming the quilts is going to be an ideal occupation for the winter, one way to keep warm.

I have managed to knit a couple more inches to D's jumper. The pattern is now more obvious, so I will try and remember to take a photo to show you next time.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Your lap quilt turned out very nice. I know you are proud of it, especially this being your first one.

Annie said...

That's a lovely quilt. I'm sure you or whoever you give it to will enjoy using it.

Knitting Linguist said...

That turned out really well -- I love the colors :)

zetor said...

Lovely quilt, well done! Hope you are feeling better today.

Terry said...

What a pretty quilt! I love the colors...it makes me think of the sea! Thanks for visting my blog too and for leaving such a nice comment on my cross stitch! Have a lovely day!

Karan said...

Your quilt has turned out so well - lovely job! :0)