Saturday 23 August 2008

Ups and Downs

It's been a frustrating couple of days as far as stitching and knitting supplies go.

I went to get another ball of wool to finish D's jumper to find they had sold out and weren't going to get any more. I ended up buying 5 more balls of a different colour and have to start knitting for D from scratch.

I did, however, find somewhere on the internet where I can get some more, but I have to buy a full pack. Fortunately J likes the wool so is happy to have a jumper knitted from it, so not all bad. Just means my knitting list has got longer.

I was able to get some batting for the lap quilt. I am just waiting for the fabric that I ordered to arrive. I'm not going to have it for the bank holiday though, so I hope I don't have to wait long into next week for it. I'd like to finish it before the boys come home.

The DMC threads I ordered arrived this morning so that means I can get on with the poppies and the blackwork SAL.

I now have two projects for the blackwork SAL as I like the pattern a lot of the other stitchers at Stitching Heaven are doing. I am using fabric from my stash for it, and got some anchor threads for it yesterday. I'll give more details when I decide which one I am stitching first.

As I couldn't do D's jumper, last night I got on with knitting mine. I have now completed the front and one sleeve. I'm hoping that later on today I can get the second one knitted. Just need to get the boys organised for the party they are going to and ready to go away.

4 comments:

Rudee said...

You must be an extraordinary fast knitter! I need to finish my big project this weekend. Maybe today I can make a big dent. I started it but need to get my swift and ball winder out to wind the last 2 skeins of yarn I'll need.

You are amazing!

zetor said...

Don't you just hate Bank Holidays when the shops you want aren't open!! Hope your weekend is good even so.

Patty said...

You have so many things going on! I can't wait to see everything when it's done. Thank you for your visits to my blog and your sweet comments! I'm passing on an award to you. http://pipstitch.blogspot.com/2008/08/super-commenter-award.html

Karan said...

What a shame about the wool but at least it won't go to waste. Looking forward to seeing progress on yours & your DS's new jumper. :0)