Thursday 21 August 2008

Cross Stitch Card Swap


I can now show you the cross stitch card I did for Karen in Australia as it has now arrived safely.
Most of the stitching was cross stitch using one thread, but in some areas on the leaves and petals, it was two threads of two colours. The centre of the sunflowers are french knots. Don't you just love them! I did the french knots after the back stitch detail was added.
Once all the stitching was completed the flower pot button was added. The card was then ready for assembly.

5 comments:

Ginnie said...

Pretty card, I like the button for the pot.

Annie said...

Very cool. You did a nice job on that!

Anonymous said...

The card you made is lovely.
And what a special card background!

Karan said...

Such a lovely card - reminds me of the summer we should be having! LOL

Patty said...

It looks great. The flower pot button is a nice touch. I would never think to do something like that.