Tuesday 19 August 2008

Wall Hanging Complete

It was back to finishing my wall hanging today. First of all I machine stitched the edge bindings in place to the front of the stitching. I then folded them over to the back and pinned them in place ready for handstitching.

Here you can see it all ready for hand sewing.

Although I say it myself, I think my mum would have been proud of my blind hemming stitch. I found it quite relaxing to sit and hand sew. I was able to enjoy the high jump competition on the Olympics too.

After attaching a hanger I was able to hang it up next to the front door on a convenient nail that was already in the wall. The landlord must have had great foresight to know I would find something to hang on it!

It catches me by surprise every time I walk out there. Wonder if the boys will notice when they come home.

I am very pleased with this as my first attempt. The lap quilt I am planning, doesn't seem quite so daunting now.


Next time, I will see if I can conquer mitred corners-I hope!

9 comments:

CathE said...

That piece looks really beautiful. You must be really proud of it.

Ginnie said...

Well done on your completion. The piece looks really nice and put together well.

Annie said...

You did a marvelous job on this! I hate doing the hand slip-stitching, but it's nice to hear that someone enjoyed that part.

Wendy said...

You wall hanging is so pretty. You did a very good job. I still need to finish my iris and then I can put mine together. I know you are proud of your accomplishment.
Happy Stitching, Wendy

Melissa said...

So beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

Patty said...

This is really pretty! You did a great job!

Karan said...

Stunning! :0)

Lil said...

What a lovely wallhanging!!!

Bernadette said...

I love the wall hanging. It's given me some inspiration for a gift I would like to make for my sister. And I'm sorry it took me so long to find it on your blog. I'm just catching up today after a two or three week break in reading others' posts.