Wednesday 25 June 2008

Temptation Not Resisted



As you can see, the top corner still isn't completed. It is surprising how many cross stitches it takes to fill that area in. This piece did take a trip into Sheffield yesterday and a few stitches done at the bus station while I was waiting for the bus. It will be done this week, I am determined, but it will be back to knitting today.

As it was Tuesday, I should have been doing my TAST(Take a Stitch Tuesday) hence the trip to Sheffield. I needed to get some embellishments and threads so D and I went into town.

The shop we went to only had stranded cottons whih wasn't what I was looking for, so I was a little disappointed, but not for very long.

There was a sale on some knitting yarn. £7.99 from £22.50. I should be able to get two tops from it. The patterns were in the sale too, 50p each. What a bargain, two tops for less than £10.




I have never knitted with anything like this, so can't wait to see what it is like. After many years of reducing my stash, it seems to be building up very quickly, but what is a girl to do when she sees a bargain like that!

D look at it today and thought it was "cool". Wonder if I can get him proficient enough at knitting to be able to knit my tops for me. He is really interested in the cable design on J's jumper. I love being able to discuss patterns with him, my mum and I used to do the same. Maybe one day I will have my own Kaffe Fassett.

3 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I love the look of this thread. I wish that I crocheted or knitted so that I could use it for something.

Karan said...

Love that yarn - am fascinated to see how this knits up. :0)
LOL, who can resist a bargain?

Jane said...

Well, obviously, I can't, lol