Monday 16 June 2008

I've Succumbed



The beauty of knitting baby items is, they are quick to do. I've even managed to do one of the fronts to go with the back I finished yesterday. I have started the next front, and am hoping to get a bit more done by the time I go to bed.

On Saturday, I was recommended a shop to go to for wool, so today, the boys and I went to have a look.

It was the first time I had been into Atkinsons, and I was impressed with the selection of yarns they had. I was a bit disappointed with the selection of knitting patterns for boys. J is between child and adult sizes. I'm hoping I can find where I have put all my knitting patterns. I can't remember where I put them after I moved!

I did buy a pattern for a slipover with a cable pattern and some wool.


The actual wool is slightly greener than it shows here. I can't wait to see how it knits up and I am torn between finishing the jacket and starting J's jumper. You'll find out tomorrow what I've decided.

5 comments:

loulee said...

I love knitting for babies too, in fact, if you're more than 24 months old forget it, I'll get bored halfway up the second sleeve and never finish!

Jane said...

Trouble is, i have to knit for the boys when I've done this, but J has chosen a slipover, hence no sleeves. Yippee

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. I used to enjoy knitting baby things, but never get the opportunity now. My local yarn store knits for a baby unit as well so perhaps that would be an answer. I have two boys (big now though) and there never seemed to be enough patterns for them. Things are getting better now but it's still hard to find anything much they like. Looking forward to seeing the slipover though.

Anonymous said...

I love knitting baby things! Unfortunately, I don't know any babies at the moment.

Karan said...

I used to enjoy crocheting baby things - so quick.
I like the yarn colour for J's slipover.