Wednesday 25 June 2008

Quilted Balloons



I found this the other day when I was sorting out my fabric. I really enjoyed stitching this. It made a real change to do some quilted embroidery and it adds real definition to the balloons.



As you can see from this photo, there were lots of french knots. They had never been my favourite stitch, but by the time I had completed this project, I was a real expert.

I haven't quite decided how to finish this yet. I could always frame it, but it would be difficult to keep clean in a frame. Any suggestions gratefully received.

4 comments:

Karan said...

What about making it into the central panel of a wall hanging? It's a fabulous textural (sp?) piece & you'd lose that under glass. :0)

Jane said...

Will have to come up with something to go with it

Paula Hewitt said...

I think this is lovely. It would make a great centre piece for a baby quilt/wall hanging.

Lynn said...

Oh wow these are beautiful! And so is the rest of your stuff. another one who likes to stitch, quilt and knit!!

Thanks for stopping by!