Friday 6 June 2008

Cross Stitch Card

There are many times that we need to send a card. Maybe its for a special occasion or just because you want to drop a friend a line. When I can, I like to send a card that I have made.

After the cross stitch and the back stitch was completed, I trimmed the excess fabric to fit into the card. As this was a lightweight project, I secured the stitching with double sided tape.



On top of the aida, I placed a square of wadding, also secured with double sided tape. This cushions the stitching and just makes for a more pleasing appearance.



Now the cross stitch card is all ready to be written up and posted out.

2 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

What a neat idea and a lovely card! I haven't done cross stitch in close to 10 years but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

ReBecca said...

What a super idea! The recipient could even frame the card. This would even be a terrific project for kids to do. I will have to give it a try.
ReBecca