Sunday 8 June 2008

Not what I had planned

Oh well, broken two of my rules for this year-work on one project at a time, and not buying anything new until I have used all the kits, fabric etc I have stored here.

I had been stitching this cross stitch Clarice Cliffe design which was going well, but my knitting fingers were getting itchy. It's all those interesting knitting blogs, makes you want to join in.



Last week I went to Hobbycraft and bought the pattern and yarn to knit a baby set. My excuse is that my sister in law is pregnant and the baby needs clothes!

I chose the Sirdar pattern number 1501 for a jacket, blanket and hat. So last night I succumbed and did this before I went to bed.



Today I have enjoyed some quiet times watching the tennis and grand prix to make a good start on the blanket. It is certainly a lot easier to knit watching television than it is to count and place half cross stitches!



Managed to get this much knitted today. Looking forward to doing some more tomorrow.

4 comments:

Karen said...

The knitting looks great, I love to knit but don't have the time. I see all the lovly yarn you can get and I am so tempted!

Gloria Patre said...

What lovely yarn! It looks so soft and squooshy! Your cross stitch is such pretty colors too! It brings back memories - I used to cross stitch years ago.
I've been enjoying your other blog entries - LOVE the latch hook!

knittingdragonflies said...

Very pretty I really like the look of the yarn.
And the cross stitch pattern is cute, I haven't done that in years.
Vicki

Jenny said...

i love the claris cliff! i may have to keep an eye out for one.