Sunday, 1 June 2008

Bargello Cushion-2

On an earlier post you saw the front panel of the Bargello Cushion cover I had stitched. This morning I finally completed the cushion.

I have a chest almost full of fabric, so I had a search through to see if I could find anything suitable to use as the backing frabric. I found some cream polycotton which goes very well.

I cut the backing fabric to size and hand stitched the hems. I have used an envelope opening on the back. After machine stiching the backing in place, following the line of the needlework, I did a line of zig zag stitch to make sure that the seams were secure and wouldn't fray.

Then came the best bit of all, after trimming excess fabric away, I turned the cover the right way out. I was surprised how excited the boys were at seeing the finished article.

Once I have inserted the cushion pad, it will be taking pride of place on the settee.

No comments: