Thursday 26 June 2008

Finished




J's slipover is complete. As you can see he is very happy with his newly knitted acquisition. He said he's not going to take it off and has already got two more jumpers lined up for me to knit. Not sure he is very keen to join the back of the queue as D has to have one first.

D will have to wait too as I have started knitting with the Firefly yarn. I'm not really sure what to make of it. It will be a nightmare to find any dropped stitches and as it quite slippery and loose, you do have to concentrate on what you're doing. It is only a stocking stitch, so at least a pattern doesn't have to be followed.

Saying that, I quite like the finished effect and as it is knitted on large guage needles it won't take long to knit up. Not sure I will get another pack and do the jumper though, I think two tops will be enough experience!

4 comments:

zetor said...

Lovely work. He looks really pleased!

Jane said...

I think he must have been, he came down this morning and then ran back upstairs, "oh, my jumper", and came back with it on

loulee said...

Some of todays modern yarns are a PITA to work with, but the finished effect can be stunning.

Karan said...

He looks well pleased. It really is a lovely yarn.
Fascinated to see the end result with the other yarn - can't say I'd fancy trying it though. :0)