Sunday 1 June 2008

The Italian Collection



My mum had started knitting this cardigan-It's from the Italian Collection, pattern number 2268, by Richard Poppleton using Rimini. She must have started it 10 years ago or more.

Having spent an exciting holiday in Rimini, Italy when I was 18, I had happy memories whilst completing the knitting.

I was very pleased that mum had knitted the front panels as they included the leaf panels. I can remember having problems with a similar pattern some years ago. The other slight concern was, I came very close to using up all the yarn, and there was very little chance of being able to obtain any more.

Now my next task is to find suitable buttons for it. I am looking forward to being able to wear it this summer.

3 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

This was an accomplishment!! And beauty, it's nice it brought back memories, so special.
Can't wait to see the buttons.
Vicki

Karen said...

thanks so much for the comment on my blog. It's great that your nine year old son takes an interest in blogland...maybe a creative of the future?? I am really impressed with your Bargello cushion, you must have the patience of a saint.
I am thinking I may not change my daughters bed for a while, with your comment on your mother not wiping off the fingerprints in mind, good idea. Karen

Soo said...

Lovely that you are able to finish it.

And buttons make the cardigan -- so don't rush the quest!!