Tuesday 17 June 2008

Endings and Beginnings

I have somewhat eractic sleep patterns and last night, after a string of nights where I was struggling to stay awake at 10pm, last night it was midnight. I have been known to go as late as 3am!

As I stayed up later I was able to complete the second front to the baby jacket and start one of the sleeves.

Not only do I sometimes go to bed late, I can also get up anytime from 4am. This morning was a little later, 5.45. This did mean that all my chores and our lunch was packed ready to go by 9am this morning, so before we went out, I finished knitting the first sleeve. Good progress was being made.

I finished knitting the second sleeve at home ed group this afternoon, but as I didn't want to do any sewing up there, I made a start on J's slipover.

I did finish the knitting of the jacket this evening.



As you can see, it is just the sewing up and finishing off left to do. I would have done it this evening, but as my first attempt saw me stitching the front and sleeve seams together, I thought it was better to leave it until tomorrow. The poor baby would have had to be a contortionist to be able to get it on.



Here is the start of J's slipover. It is definitely greener in real life and J is quite happpy with the way it is knitting up. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks with more on the needle.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog. I am very impressed with your knitting speed and the lovely things you make. Knitting is not one of my accomplishments I am sad to say but I have great respect for knitters.

Angela Moore said...

Absolutely adorable! I'm another fan of watching WIPs online. Thanks for stopping by my blog!