Tuesday 29 July 2008

TAST-Feather Stitch

After last weeks more complicated block, it was back to a more simple one this week. I added the antique lace on the one seam then added four buttons to it. D thought it look like a shirt.
I used the printed stems on the fabric as an outline of the feather stitch on this block, using variagated thread. It reminds me of coral.
I used the plain cream perle to feather stitch the other seams.
And this is the view of the whole block.

I also had a chance to do some knitting and D's jumper has grown about 6 inches. D is delighted.

I'm torn as to what I am going to do tomorrow, I can't make up my mind. J wants me to do the back stitch on the Clarice Cliffe, so it's either that or the last flower in the Summer Stitching Challenge. I think I'll sleep on it.

4 comments:

Karen said...

this is gorgeous, I love the feather stitch. You are definitely quicker than me!

Jane said...

It seemed to go smoothly today, doesn't always happen like that

Wendy said...

oooo I like the colors on this block. I also like how you followed the print of the block.
Thank you so much for your compliments on Melissa's pillow. She loved it too.
Wendy

Karan said...

Another lovely patchwork piece. It does look like coral - very pretty. :0)