Wednesday 2 July 2008

TAST-Cretan Stitch-Complete



Here is my Cretan stitch crazy quilt patch complete. At the moment it is draped over the arm of the settee so I can look at it. It's definitely not perfect but it is a start and I had fun.

My favourite seam is where there are two layers of cretan stitch in different colours. They are interwoven and give a really nice effect.

Here you can see different leaf effects. The set of four remind me more of sea coral. I think the leaves need some more practise. They look so easy, but I was finding it a bit of a challenge.




I have a tin of buttons that have been collected over the years. Some of them are older than me. I thought I would incorporate some of these onto the pieces.



D thinks the one above looks like a spider and the one below like a sun burst. I thought it was more like a flower.


This corner I am quite pleased with. I've never been really good at doing anything
random. It was quite relaxing just to turn it and see what appeared. I enjoy the effect achieved as the layers appear.


I have really enjoyed working on this and am now going to prepare another section for next weeks stitch.

7 comments:

Guzzisue said...

well done, you were quick off the mark, I haven't even started yet :-)

zetor said...

Your patch is very interesting, I must give it a try soon . I have tagged you please see my blog for details.

Karan said...

What great effects from the one stitch - love how you've developed it. :0)

Scrappy Raven said...

Lovely quilt block. I love the layers and the effect of variegated thread. Looks like fun.

Tangled Stitch said...

Your work is fabulous. I love it. Keep stitchin.

Charlene said...

Wow .. you are so talented. Your patch look wonderful. The effect look great.

Deepa said...

Cretan stitch does have so many possibilities,right? I always used to mess it up- starting with cretan and somehow ending with feather.
Well done!!!Waiting for the next :)