Thursday 17 July 2008

Day 8-TAST complete


Another project completed, though this didn't take too long. I only had two sections to complete.

As you can see, I decided to keep the button line simple.

I added the two glass buttons to this section to help hold the long stitches down. In future, unless the piece is going to be framed, I will limit the length of the stitches. You live and learn.

I have 2 and a half days before the boys return. Here's how I am doing on the to-do wish list.

2 crazy patchwork squares for Take a Stich Tuesdays-both completed
2 flowers from the Summer Stitching Challenge-one completed
Finish the Firefly cowl neck top-Done
A cardigan or jumper for a friend's daughter who will be four next week-have yarn and pattern-one completed, going to do a second
Make a start on a jumper for D-have yarn and pattern
Finish the Clarice Cliffe cross stich
Repair and adjust fire Screen
Stitchin Fingers Needlepoint-WIP, waiting for supplies

I think I am going to do another flower from the Summer Stitching Challenge now.

2 comments:

Karan said...

Another great piece. Am going to send my friend Alex (patchwork pieces & fabric box stitcher) a link to your blog - she was real interested when I told her about your pieces. :0)

Jane said...

Thank you Karan, I am sure she will be able to give me lots of tips. I have never done this before so it is a lot of trial and error, probably more errors to someone that knows what they are doing.