I was determined to finish the second ATC before I went to bed last night. This one is slightly different to the first one.
The leaf is appliqued and outlined using back stitch and then a leaf button was added. Instead of blanket stitch, I used running stitch to join the back and front.
I was asked yesterday what I used to stiffen the cards. I used stiff interfacing, but this is a personal choice and there may be someone out there more experienced than me that can suggest something better. I want to get some writing paper tomorrow, and then these are on their way to Israel and The Netherlands.
I was informed by D last night that I had to make him 10 ATC's and they had to all be different. Not quite sure what he intends to do with them, but he said it was because he liked them.
This afternoon I caught up with the Lakeland tapestry.
This left hand corner is beginning to take shape, but this is still going to take some time.