Saturday 11 October 2008

First ATC


This is the first ATC I have ever made. I have two to do for a swap on Stitchin Fingers.
The leaf is cut out and appliqued on to the main fabric using back stitch in perle cotton. The back and front of the ATC are stitched together using blanket stitch. There is no machine stitching at all on this ATC. D even realised that the letters were my initials, so that is an improvement on my last signature.
I have also got all the pieces ready to put together for the other ATC and two fabric postcards. Will keep you updated on progress.

7 comments:

Paula Hewitt said...

very nice. i like leaves

Annie said...

This is very cool. What kind of stiffener (if any) did you use between the two fabric pieces?

Jane said...

Annie-I used interfacing, the sort that wold be used in dressmaking for collars etc

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jane, Your first ATC is fantastic. Lovely work. Hugs Judy

Karan said...

Love the leaves theme. Great ATC. :0)

Elena said...

Wow! That looks fabulous! Love the stitching around the leaf! Very unique project!

Patricia Lessell said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. But what is an ATC please? Also thank you very much for your kind comment on my blog. I love your blog!. Patti x