Wednesday 1 October 2008

Thomas Kinkade SAL

As I mentioned yesterday, today is the start of a new cross stitch SAL. A few of us on the yahoo group Stitchersheaven are participating in a Thomas Kinkade SAL.

I bought this kit from a lady from the USA who was selling on Ebay. Even with shipping costs, it was much cheaper to get this from the States than to buy it in the UK. This lady was brilliant. I received this in the post within a week of completing the transaction. I was really impressed. Though I like the picture, I am not sure that I am really impressed with the kit. There were three bundles of threads to sort. They were easy enough to identify, but none of the colours had the number of strands listed, so it is a matter of guesswork that you have identified the close colours correctly.

Never mind, once they were sorted, I was able to get on with the cross stitching, despite Kashka the cat deciding she would like to sit on top of the fabric whilst I was stitching. She soon learned that her place was under the work in progress.

It's not going to be easy to see progress on this for a while. It will seem to be a blur of colour and the shapes defined later with the back stitch.

Reading through the pattern, there are half stitches over some of the cross stitching too. This pattern is going to be a challenge, but we will get there one step at a time.

9 comments:

Karen said...

I just know that this will be such a relaxing project to do, enjoy it!

Angela said...

It's a beautiful picture, it looks like it will be well worth all the work!

Ro said...

It's going to be lovely. :)

Ginnie said...

One of my friends at Stitching club has just started a Thomas Kinkade design - a snowy scene one - they look lovely - very detailed. I look forward to seeing your progress on this.

Robin said...

Makes me miss my cross-stitch! I bet this will be beautiful when finished.

Wholly Jeanne said...

i'm impressed you taught kashka the cat sit anywhere besides in the spotlight!

Olga said...

some kits are very difficult to sort out the cottons, glad you have made a start, look forward to seeing more of your work :o)
luv from olga.

Elena said...

I love Thomas Kinkade works. I think the finished picture will be gorgeous! Glad you found a good deal!

Karan said...

Oh that's going to be a stunner when completed. Going to enjoy watching this develop. :0)