Wednesday 29 October 2008

Another not quiet day

I know if I keep trying, I'll get my quiet day, but it wasn't today.

The dark nights make me feel as if I ought to be tucking myself up in bed by seven, but I did resist that urge tonight and did some cross stitch.

What I like about stitching on something like this, is to fill in the spaces between patches of stitching. Gives me the feeling of small finishes when a gap fills up.

Tonight I filled in the gap between the side porch and the green at the bottom of the picture. I also started on the left slope of the main roof. I will probably do a bit more of this tomorrow. I also did some more knitting on B's hat, but as this is going to be a November target, I put it away in favour of the cross stitch. Hopefully Friday, I can do the embroidery on the TAST block and do the remaining block. Would be really great to achieve my targets for October.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you have a plan...this is good. SMILE. We should all have a plan. Alas, I don't know where mine went?! I don't like the dark evenings either...it's been cold and rainy...yuk. A cup of nice hot tea usually makes me feel better.
Cheers.

stitchersanon said...

I am all for hibernating as well. believe it or not though, we get about an hours extra evening sunshine here compared to the Uk..yipee!
I wish I had a plan...I cant even keep a diary because they stress me out. My theory is that if it is VIP I will either remember it or someone will remind me...if it isnt, doesnt mater if I forget it. Yes, I have taken the kids to school on teacher training days when they were in school ;-(

zetor said...

Planning seems like a good idea to me. I think I might do the same as I have a lot I want to do and read over the Winter.

Elena said...

It s getting dark so early here also... I don't like it too...
Having plans is good thing! That is what I need!