Thursday 9 October 2008

Still Cross Stitching

The weather here for the last two days has been glorious. We have been out most of the time making the most of the sun and warmth. The consequence of this is that time for stitching is reduced, and by the time we have returned home and I've sat down, I've been shattered.

Last night, I only managed to do the area to the right of the roof, the red and green leaves. I did manage a bit more tonight. I did a lot more stitching in the foreground. It was quite exciting to realise I am 22 stitches away from the left border. There is quite a few more than that at the top and bottom to do.
The one thing about cross stitching is that a finish is not always quick to come by. I am missing the feel good factor that comes from completing a project so I think there will be a change of activity on Saturday. I have some ATC's to make for exchanges, so the embroidery fingers will be out.

Tomorrow, the boys and I are out for the day again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. Sometimes it seems we will never be done, but I can truly see your progress in your photos. It will be lovely when it is finished.

Wendy said...

This is going to be so pretty when you finish. You sure do work fast. I never could develop a liking for this type of needle work but I admire anyone who does it. Look over at my blog I have some patterns to give away if you are interested. The horses are taken, but the others are still available. Wendy

Tanja said...

The weather has been great here in PHoenix too the past few days. For us that means temperatures below 100, and now we can open the doors and windows in the morning, yippee!
I love stitching outside in the fresh morning air a bit.

I'm also working on a long, complicated pattern. I am always very proud when I stitched a small new part of it, but my kids never see a difference! Keep stitching, it will be finished one day.

Tanja

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jane, I hope you are feeling better???? Your cross stitching is looking fantastic. Hugs Judy

Karan said...

Lovely weather here too, though a bit blustery at times.
This is coming along so well but I know what you mean - I generally break off from big projects to get a few smaller bits done to have some finishes. :0)