Monday 27 October 2008

A bit of everything

There has been a real variety of activity here in the last twenty four hours. Yesterday evening, I worked on the Thomas Kinkade whilst enjoying my glass of wine and Little Dorrit on the television.

There has now been an addition of an extension on the side of the house. Sure but slow, progress is being made.
Over the weekend, a £3 discount voucher came through the door for Hobbycraft, so we had a little trip out there this morning. I came home with this little pile. The funny thing was, as I was reading the knitting magazine this evening, there is another £3 voucher for Hobbycraft enclosed. Looks like I'll be making a return visit out there in the next few weeks.
I bought the wool to do a hat and gloves set for a friends daughter. It was easy to chose a colour as she is pink mad. The reason for the knitting magazine is that there is a pattern for a cardigan in there that I would like to do for her too.
I also got some material, buttons, permanent fabric pen and a circular knitting needle.
I am already drawing up a list of projects for November.
I have a few days left of October, so I am trying to finish my projects for this month. I have two TAST blocks left to do. I pieced the first one today. The stitch for this one is going to be buttonhole stitch. I will hopefully get some daylight stitching time tomorrow to complete this one.


This evening I cast on and started B's hat. It is a 2x2 rib pattern so it is going to be fairly easy and quick to knit. However, I am not sure if I am happy with the way it is knitting up. I may have a look for different yarn tomorrow when I go into town and see if that makes a difference. I also want to see if I can purchase a shorter circular needle, although this is the size recommended by the pattern.

Maybe, I'll just go and knit a few more rounds and see if this grows on me.



7 comments:

Rudee said...

It's my goal this month to organize my knitting needles! I can never remember just which sizes I have and before you can say Bob's your uncle, I buy a duplicate! I love that blush shade of pink. I'm looking forward to the finished Kinkade piece.

Angela said...

Wow you have been busy! The Kinkade piece is coming along so quickly!

stitchersanon said...

I am very impressed you can sew and have wine! I have tried but he wine always wins...
Perhaps I need more practice!!
Love the TK...
lol
Gaynor

Sue said...

Your Thomas Kinkade is looking gr8.
Discount vouchers are always good. Nice purchases. :)

Karoline said...

Nice stash :) and great progress on the Thomas Kinkade

CathE said...

Loving your Thomas Kinkade piece, it's progressing really rappidly. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Elena said...

Glad you had a great day! The cross-stitched picture already looks so nice! Looking forward to the hat you started!