Sunday 5 October 2008

Progress-Mostly

I got up with every good intention on sorting out all the apples this morning, but it is always a good idea to check you have sufficient ingredients first. Especially when you live in a village and have to rely on public transport! Being a Sunday, I just made do with what I had and will do the rest tomorrow once my little helper has been shopping. Nevertheless, the boys had apple tart for pud today, so they were more than happy.

I did get a little progress on the Thomas Kinkade cross stitch this afternoon. I have stitched the house and the veranda roof has grown. Unfortunately, I think things here are a little out, but I thought it was better to put it down and look at it fresh in the morning. It was getting late and I was tired. Not a good time to be frogging.
I don't think many stitches have to be redone, I am sure I have caught the mistake early enough to be simple enough to undo and not too discouraging to restitch.

I did do a little on the poppy cross stitch but progress on that will have to be halted for a while.

I have ordered the beads I needed but the DMC beads required by the pattern were discontinued five years ago. They are going to be substituted by Mill Hill beads and I am still waiting for them to be delivered.

The other hold up is that the DMC thread I ran out off, is one of the major colours, so I will have to restock before I can restart stitching. Once I have got the threads and beads, I will spend some time and concentrate on getting this finished.

I did do the back stitching on the leaves on the completed section but I can't do the flower until the french knots have been completed and I have the beads-but I need to get the thread for the french knots too!

No comments: