Tuesday 18 November 2008

Poppy Cross Stitch Update

Yesterday and today I have spent some time on the cross stitch poppy design by Jane Greenoff. I am hoping to get this section completed this month, but I need to get some more floss on Friday. Happily, I do have enough to keep going until then.

Yesterday I completed the central stem, and most of the right stem and leaf. I would have been quite happy to have stayed up later stitching, but my little furry friend kept insisting he would help. In the interests of keeping the stitching all in one piece, I decided to go to bed. I came back to it this afternoon and completed the right leaf and stem and have started on the left stem and leaf. The back stitch has also been stitched on the right leaf.
I am not sure what it is, but I have found stitching on this design very relaxing, maybe it is the green. It's a colour that I have found myself drawn too over the last couple of years and there are some soft greens used here which do have a calming effect.
I am not sure how much time I will get tomorrow as we are out most of the day, but all being well, I shall have some time tomorrow evening to stitch.

7 comments:

Elena said...

I love your stitching! I think you are right that sometimes it is hard for eyes to work with colors that are from the same family (same main color, but different tones).

Rudee said...

WHile rifling through our basement on Sunday, my daughter found the Peter Rabbit cross stitch blanket I made for her 27 years ago. I sadly had no desire to try to make another but I love that she still has this. She took it home with her.

As usual, your work is lovely. I'm relaxed just looking at it.

Anonymous said...

I love poppies...have orange ones in my garden...but my favorite are red of course. It's going to be lovely.

MargB said...

Beautiful greens - very soothing. Beautiful stitching also.

Kucki68 said...

A poppy in November, that seems right with WWI ending and the Flanders poem being recited everywhere.

stitchersanon said...

I love poppies and I am looking forward to watching this one 'grow'. I come from Norfolk, where before mega intensive farming, they grew everyewhere.
I think you are right about green..Whenever I am stressed I just look outdoors at the fields and I calm right down. I was a teacher before I moved here...might explain why I felt theneed to move to the Emerald Isle hehe...

Ginnie said...

Lovely stitching, poppies are so lovely!