Friday 21 November 2008

The Blanket is Complete!

With the arrival of the yarn, I was able to complete the knitting of my mohair jacket. This took no time at all as there was only the collar to cast off and the button bands to do. As each band was a total of 6 rows, including cast on and off, it was a quick knit.

This meant I was soon onto the colossal job of sewing it all together. It had felt like a blanket when I was knitting it, but even more so when I was sewing it together. As you can see, Tugger thought it was all for his benefit. I was actually sewing the sleeves in here.

Here it is all sewn up and waiting for buttons. The sleeves look so short in comparison, I had doubts they were long enough. I tried it on to make sure. I had forgotten, this was a long jacket, and it is just like a blanket. I will be able to wrap myself up in it quite happily.

I then made a start on B's gloves. I have never knitted using double pointed pins, so I wasn't sure what this was going to be like. In the end, once you get into a rhythm, it is not too bad at all. Not sure if I like it enough to start knitting socks!

I wonder how long it will take me to knit two pairs of gloves?

5 comments:

Rudee said...

Beautiful cat. The sweater is pretty too!. As for knitting in the round, it's contagious. I adore hand knit woolen socks. My feet stay warm all winter. The other benefit is that it's usually only a 1 skein commitment and therefore, easy on the budget.

stitchersanon said...

Very cute cat and a lovely jacket...jus tthe thing for hte weather this weekend!
lol

Anonymous said...

well done - it looks great and very warm. do we get to see you modelling it?

Elena said...

Can imagine how warm and cosy this jacket!
When I was a kid I used to knit on 4 double-pointed needles for my dolls. I knitted them couple of tiny socks. But know I don't even remember hot to do it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful coat. I love it. The yarn is a lovely choice.