Sunday 30 November 2008

Lakeland Update

I have caught up with the last two weeks needlepoint this morning and it feels good to see this piece filling out. As the stitching is being completed, the perspective is becoming more evident. There is hope that I will like this once it is completed.

I have also been knitting J's jumper. I have now completed the back and sleeves. I started the front yesterday and may have done a bit more if I hadn't fallen asleep on the settee. So much for making the most of the boys being at the football!
The front is the only piece with the cable detail. There are two cable panels separated by stocking stitch. Once dinner is out of the way, I will be knitting again.
Starting tomorrow, I will be decorating so things may be a bit quiet here for a few weeks. I will definitely be trying to keep up with every one's blogs and I am sure I will find time to do something. I'll need something to wind down with at the end of the day.

14 comments:

Knitting Linguist said...

The sweater's looking great! I love those cables. Good luck with the decorating :)

Ginnie said...

You can certainly see the progress on Lakeland, I'm sure it'l look great. Love the jumper too.... my mom has just knitted me a new hat... but my daughter claimed it!!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me. I have put unfinshed needlepoint projects into the giveaway pile to let someone finish it. Shame on me. What I loved once...I did not love anymore and tossed it. Your persistent determination inspires me. Love your knitting. You seem to accomplish so much!

Annie said...

The cabling looks great. And I like that flecked yarn. This should be a really nice sweater.

stitchersanon said...

I love the flecked colour of the jumper...I have not even picked mine up for a week..and Lakeland is looking fantastic. Well done

zetor said...

Lakeland is looking good. Nice work for sweater.

Elena said...

Your Lakeland looks gorgeous! I can;t imagine how much work you put in it...
And sweater looks great! Love the cable stitch! It is kind of fun to knit it with the extra needle!

Tanja said...

That sweater is going to be beautiful. I love the yarn!

Melissa said...

Beautiful needlepoint. I can cross stitch but not needlepoint.

Thank you for the kind comments on my penguin!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Jane, Your knitting is absolutely gorgeous. Wish I could knit. vbg Have fun decorating. I am just about done with mine. I love this time of year. Hugs Judy

Ro said...

Wow - lakeland certainly is coming along - it's going to be superb.

Cheryl said...

I love the beautiful muted lavender and blue colorways in your needlepoint. That is a pretty big piece you are working on, Nd I have so much respect for people who can "stick with" a large needlepoint piece long enough to see it finished. I can't wait to see it done!

Karen said...

hey! hope the decorating is going well!! You can come and do mine when you are finished!!

zetor said...

Hope the decorating is going well