Thursday 27 November 2008

Not embroidery, but....

I should have been embroidering my herbs over the last couple of days, but I got sidetracked.

I started J's jumper the other night as it was too dark to start choosing colours for the embroidery. Trouble is, I haven't stopped knitting. I have completed the back and a good way up the first sleeve. Although the back and sleeves are in stocking stitch, the front has a cable detail. I'm saving the best to last. I am using Hayfield Bonus DK in cream with added flecks of browns and blacks. It just adds a bit of interest to what would be a plain jumper. The pattern I am using is Sirdar pattern number 5065.
I will be getting back to the herbs as I want to make them into a wall hanging for the kitchen. I am hoping the kitchen will be decorated over the next couple of weeks, so that will be a good incentive to get stitching.
Unfortunately, the decorating is going to be taking me away from knitting and stitching, but at least it means in the new year, I can sit and gaze at clean walls and enjoy the fruits of my labour.

6 comments:

Ginnie said...

I like the wool, it is nice with the flecks of colour.

Elena said...

Love the yarn design! It gives a very nice touch!

Rudee said...

I like the little specklesof color. You are so fast!

Angela said...

You are going great guns with this, looks as though you will have it done in no time!

Linda said...

Wow, I wish I could knit as fast as you do...Great job, I love the wool. Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

You always inspire me with your projects. Thank you. I am asking you to participate in the bookworm award. See the details on my blog.