Sunday 23 November 2008

Just a little frustrated

Over the years, I have collected quite a few freebie kits from magazines, and have also bought a selection of card kits. I have decided I am going to try and deplete the pile. Even after giving lots away, I still have quite a number so I have set myself goal of stitching one card/kit a month.

This month I chose a beaded strawberry kit, which had all the necessary bits to make into a stand up picture.

Last night, I did all the cross stitch and back stitching. That left me today to attach the beads and then make up the frame. This was going to be a quick finish which is what we all like.

I improvised with the top of a plastic container to hold the beads and was quite happy attaching the beads. I haven't done a lot of beading, but I quite enjoy it. Maybe I ought to do some more.

Here comes the frustrating part. There were not enough white beads included in the pack to complete the picture, and to add insult to injury, there were far too many red beads. I only have cream beads here, so I will have to wait until I can get some beads before I can finish this picture.


9 comments:

Rudee said...

That is frustrating. It'll be pretty when done though.

Ginnie said...

I have some white beads if you'd like some, not a huge amount but probably even for you to finish your picture. Email me direct (link on my profile bit) if you'd like me to send you some!

Angela said...

How frustrating! I love your idea of stitching one project a month though! Hope you manage to match your beads ok, so you can finish this one!

Elena said...

Really sorry that it wasn't enough beads... But this project already looks so cute!

Gina E. said...

Oh, isn't that annoying! But it still looks very pretty.
Jane, I received a gorgeous fabric postcard from you today, and I am absolutely stumped! Did we arrange to swap privately? I write all my exchanges in a notebook to keep track of them, and I have no record of doing a swap with you! Was it an official Stitchin Fingers thing, or just between us? I've gone through My Page to see if I can find any reference to it, but can't see anything.
Your postcard looks like it was an Autumn theme; I swapped with Wendy in the Yahoo Group for that one. Anyway, it won't take me long to make up one for you in that theme, and I have your home address from the cross stitch swap back in July.

Annie said...

Those little kits can be annoying, but they are really cute. I like the idea of working a bunch since they finish up pretty quickly.

Sue said...

That is really frustrating...the design is really cute, tho.

Sandy's Cross Stitch said...

That is very frustrating, I am sorry you had to deal with that. It's one of the reasons I don't like to buy kits. Hugs

Patty said...

I only have black beads. And, I think, light brown. If they were white, I'd figure out a way to get them to you. How frustrating not to get enough in the kit. I do like that pattern though.