Monday 24 November 2008

A frog for a little princess

I had done the stitching for this card some time ago. It was a little kit from a cross stitch magazine. I can't remember which one, it was so long ago.

Today I made it into a card and thought I would send it to B with her goodies.

I made a start on my final task for this month. On the Yahoo Hand Embroidery group, the autumn challenge was to stitch some herbs. There was a choice of eight in total.

Today, I printed them all off, traced them, then flipped them over to transfer onto fabric for stitching. Tugger thought he could help by sitting on the traced images, right on top of the hand that was holding everything into place. Twice I had to call the boys in to take him off.

As it was too dark when I finished transfering the images onto the fabric. I have decided to wait until tomorrow to choose the colours. If I get a chance tonight, I'll start J's jumper as I am not sure how much time I will get next month. I have finally decided that December will be the month to get out the paintbrushes and do some decorating.

10 comments:

loulee said...

Cute lil froggie.

Anonymous said...

how cute!

Sue said...

That is a cute little frog.

Sandy's Cross Stitch said...

I love your little prince.
Hugs,
Sandy

From All Stitched Up said...

Thanks for finding my blog. You have given me a whole new world of needlepoint blogs I didn't know existed. Thanks so much. I'll be exploring for weeks!

Elena said...

Love cross-stitched cards! And this froggie is so cute!

Ro said...

He's a handsome frog.

CathE said...

Very sweet little frog. He makes a great card.

Anonymous said...

Love the frog, love your knitting...all of the beautiful things you have created out of balls of yarn!!! I like to knit, but one project takes me years. I do so enjoy stopping in to see the latest news.

Karan said...

Cute card & lovely gift for the little girl. Boy, have you been busy! LOL :0)
BTW, love the very cute new addition to the family.