Saturday 1 November 2008

Place Mats Finished


One November task can be crossed off the list. I have now finished the two place mats I had started over a month ago.
I had already done the quilting and today just had to do the binding.
I now know why thimbles were invented. The middle finger on my right hand has a temperature and feels a little bruised after hand stitching the binding into place on the reverse of the mats.
I did get a bit of "help". This is our newest addition to the family, Bella (short for Grizabella from Cats). For her age, she was very well behaved. She just loves chasing the empty cotton reels around the floor.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are gorgeous! Well done!

love, Tina :)

Ginnie said...

well done - those placemats are lovely.

Patty said...

They look great. I love the fabric you used.

Annie said...

Those are just lovely. I had hand stitching binding. I'm looking for hints on doing it by machine. I've seen some that looked great, but I don't know how to do it as well as those finishes. Hope your finger gets some needed rest.

Annie said...

That was supposed to be, "I hate hand stitching", not "I had..."

Flying fingers make a lot of mistakes!

Ro said...

Wow - the placemats are wonderful, and the kitty is so cute! :)

Elena said...

Gorgeous! Love the fabric! Great handmade work!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures on the placemats...they are lovely. My sister-in-law had a cat named Bella. She was a timid cat and was always in hiding...it appears that your Bella is not so timid. Enjoy!