Sunday 1 August 2010

Spring Bucket Tote

A couple of months ago, I bought the pattern from Heidi for the Spring Bucket Tote.  When I bought the red linen, this was the second bag I thought I could make.  As the pattern called for a canvas fabric, I used a heavy duty iron on interfacing with the linen.

This made working  it a bit more fiddly, but the results were worth it, I have a bag that does exactly what it should do.

I used the plain linen for the lining and substituted fabric handles for the cord ones called for in the pattern.  I was just making use of what I had here.

Thank you Heidi for a pattern that was well written and easy to follow.

Excuse the sawdust on the floor in the photo.  The guinea pigs got excited thinking I was going to feed them.  I think they were a bit disappointed I only had the camera.

7 comments:

Miriam said...

A lovely tote and I think I like your fabric handles more than cord ones for this pattern.

Terry said...

Great bag just just the thing for a guinea pig outing ? They talk about hand bag dogs.
Seriously like it lots.

Terry said...

Love the bag! Poor guinea pigs got all excited for nothing! LOL

Annie said...

Looks a very sturdy bag and very pretty too. Maybe you can make something special for the guinea pigs!

Karen said...

great bag Jane! Have you fed those poor animals yet??

Sandy said...

That is funny about the guinea pigs! Great tote....I love red!

Linda said...

Your bag is lovely. I love the color and I like these handles alot better.