Monday 9 August 2010

Art Deco Bag

Some time ago, you may remember, I did this long stitch Macintosh panel.  As I am trying to think of ways to use completed stitching to make things, this became a pocket on a bag.

I picked a fat quarter bundle that were of the same colour family, with extra for the lining.  I bordered and backed the stitching with the pink and it was ready to be  the pocket.

As this is likely to be going to DS2's Spanish teacher, he helped to chose the colours  for the blocks.  He decided on three which I cut into 2 1/2" squares.  I stitched them together, seven blocks to the row, and seven rows.  Put it altogether and this is what we got

9 comments:

loulee said...

Very pretty.

Annie said...

Perfect use for that piece. Love all the colors and I'm sure the teacher will be very excited to receive this.

Anonymous said...

I think it turned out great! Using the piece as the pocket was a perfect idea. I know the teacher will love it forever!

Perfect fabric choices to complement the stitched piece. Wonderful!!!


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

Tudy said...

Very neat bag.

Terry said...

Beautiful bag! I love the fabrics you chose for this one! His teacher will love it! :0)

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, that turned out beautifully. I love Macintosh...

Rudee said...

I couldn't let this one slip away without a comment. I love this! The colors are absolutely gorgeous!

Maggi said...

Brilliant use for the panel. The colours are gorgeous.

Karan said...

Ooo I love the panel & colours on this bag. Lucky Spanish Teacher! :0)