Sunday 15 August 2010

A Ray of Sunshine

Way back last year, I was participating in TAST-Take a Stitch on Tuesday, on Stitchin' Fingers.  I put together some crazy cut panels, and used these to practise the stitches.  Last year, I put together a wall hanging in green, but since then, I have learned a lot more about quilting which came in useful for putting together this yellow one.

Thanks to all my quilting friends, I have now realised the importance of labels, so my very first label, and a correctly attached binding.
 I even made a split hanging sleeve sewn which was sewn in with the binding.

This may have taken a long time to come together, but the wait has been worthwhile.  I have learned so much in that time, and I'm very grateful that there are so many people out there willing to share their experience.

6 comments:

Terry said...

A Round of Applause! A great finish with all the added extras to your stitches.

I think sharing is all the fun!

Terry said...

Well done! It's just lovely and good for you doing the label! I think I need to have a label making day around here. I'm a bit behind on that! LOL

Annie said...

What a wonderful piece. And it really shows how much you learned and mastered over the course of time. Love those mitered corners!

Wendy said...

Yea for you! congrats on finishing your little quilt. It looks wonderful. I know you are proud to have sucha wonderful finished product.

Unknown said...

it is really, really pretty and I love the label.....

Karan said...

I remember these & hoe pretty they are.... beautiful hanging! :0)