Thursday 5 August 2010

Lace Heart

This is the third heart to be completed, seven more to go! Being all one colour helped to make it fairly quick to stitch up, though running out of the thread, did hold it up a little.

For some reason, the last motif just wouldn't go in the right place, it took three attempts to get it right.  You would think that after stitching so many of them,  I would have got the hang of it.  Never mind, I got there in the end.

The next heart will take a little longer to appear, as I have to start it from scratch.

16 comments:

Miriam said...

I like the hearts, what will you do with ten of them? Are you going to make something spectacular?

Kucki68 said...

It looks great. I love red on white!

Terry said...

Glad the dk red floss arrived. Like all the hearts so far. Keep us posted.

Annie said...

I like that dark color. I was stitching hearts last night too and had my share of frogging for misplacement. Must be something in the summer air!

Rudee said...

Hands down, it's my favorite! I love the color and the design.

Terry said...

Another beautiful heart! :0)

Amy said...

is that cross-stitch? If so---holy cow! How small is the aida??? (sp?) I'm in awe ;0)

Gina E. said...

Your work is so lovely, Jane. sigh...I'm not even getting much done, lovely or not!

Linda said...

It's beautiful!

Maggi said...

Love the colour you have used it this.

Karen said...

lovely Jane, really lovely.

Tudy said...

Love the heart.

Knitting Linguist said...

That's lovely! It turned out beautifully.

Unknown said...

this is so pretty!!! It would take me hours and hours to do something like this!

Sue said...

It is lovely. One colour makes it striking.

PendleStitches said...

I love the single colour. This is, as always, just lovely.