Sunday 26 September 2010

A win and some finishes

A week or so ago, there was a competition on Lynette Anderson's blog to guess the number of buttons in the jar.  I was one of the lucky winners, and this is my prize.  All I need to do now, is find the perfect project to make a home for these lovely buttons.
 After shopping this week, and finally getting the supplies I needed, I have been able to finish a few of the projects that have been hanging around.

The first to be completed were these parchment bookmarks.  These ones had gold highlights, so I have backed them with black card.
 Next to be finished, was a bag for DS1.  He has a pair of ice skates that are just a bit big to go comfortably in his back pack.  This custom made bag should be big enough to get them in easily, and carry them to the rink.  It should get it's test run on Thursday, and being black, he should be happy with it.
 I  was given this blue fabric by a friend, and for some weeks, I just didn't know what to do with it.  I then remembered the hot water bottle cover I have in the cupboard, and thought this was perfect.  I had wanted to buy motifs to go on all of them, but as they were low on stock when I went shopping, only one gets the motif treatment.   The cover with a motif is perfect for a small size hot water bottle, so would make a perfect gift for a little man, especially now the nights are getting colder.
At the same time as giving me this fabric, my friend also sent some pink fluffy fabric. Tomorrow, I'll show you what that has turned into.  She has certainly has had my grey cells working overtime thinking of how to use fabric I wouldn't buy myself.

9 comments:

Maggi said...

Congratulations on your win, the buttons are so cute. More lovely bookmarks too.

Elena said...

Great projects! Bookmarks are gorgeous! Love the bottle covers! So cute! And your son will be very happy with the bag for his skates!

Tudy said...

Nice win and you have been busy.

Rudee said...

COngratulations! I'm sure you'll think of something clever to do with your winnings!

Terry said...

Everything looks great! I love those buttons! I think I'd make a stitchery featuring the buttons.

Karen said...

busy, busy, busy!!!

stitchersanon said...

Amazing. If only I had just half of your talent xx

Mad about Craft said...

Lovely buttons! Lynette's things are so nice!

Annie said...

What cute buttons. I'm sure you'll do something super with the. Great new projects, but one question. Do you really use hot water bottles? I thought those were a relic from earlier times.