Saturday 11 September 2010

Jelly Roll QAL-Finished!

It's taken a couple of sessions this week, but I have finally finished the Jelly Roll Quilt. 

The first day, I quilted, attached the binding and pinned ready for hand stitching,   As the quilt is quite large, and my sewing machine is quite small, and not really designed for quilting, I had to keep it simple.  I did a straight line of stitching on each side of the white sashing.
I used the lovely pins that Karen sent me.  Even the kittens thought they were fun.  They were pulling them out faster than I could sew!  Fortunately, they soon found something else to do.
Here is the finished quilt.  It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it.  It's the first bed sized quilt I've done and it's turned out a lot better than I was expecting as we went along.  Here's to the next one.

9 comments:

Miriam said...

Congratulations, it is a fantastic first finish!

Terry said...

Well done! That pieced binding finished it off perfectly! :0)

Sandy said...

Great quilt! I have got to do the 12th block and finish. You just gave me the incentive!!

Gina E. said...

It might not be perfect to your eyes, but at least you've done it, and it is lovely. My first effort was only a sofa throw, and I'm not going to even attempt a bed quilt!

Linda said...

Good job, Jane! Great looking quilt. Your binding looks so nice on it. What a great first quilt!

Annie said...

That looks marvelous. I'm sure this will be the first of many beauties.

Unknown said...

you should be proud it looks wonderful!!!! my cat likes to help me sew too.....

Maggi said...

Congratulations, there is nothing like the feeling of finishing your very first bed quilt, except perhaps snuggling under it.

Karan said...

WTG on a great first quilt finish. :0)