Saturday 18 September 2010

Friday Night Sew In

As hoped, I managed to get another block put together.
I then went and checked how many more I needed.  It was quite a pleasant surprise, I think they must have been multiplying on their own.  I need two more blocks for the bed.  With borders added, it should make it big enough .  I'll then need  four more to make pillowcases. 
I was thinking of doing the quilt first, then doing the pillowcases, but I think, I may as well do six more blocks and get that part out of the way first.  It's nice to see the end so close. 

For Friday Night Sew In, I started another cross stitch heart.
There isn't much to see, but working with only three colours, this one shouldn't take too long to complete.  I am waiting on some more thread coming, then I have fourteen stitches to complete another heart.  I  couldn't believe that I ran out so close to finishing.

8 comments:

Maggi said...

Blocks multiplying - if only!!. It looks great on the bed even though it's not finished yet.

Terry said...

Thos blocks look great on your bed! How exciting to see them all together like that! :0)

Knitting Linguist said...

I'm so impressed! You're really coming along with that quilt -- it's going to look great :)

Tudy said...

All those tiny squares! How beautiful it will be.

Marie said...

holy cow -- that's a lotta little pieces... looks fabulous

Annie said...

Well you are certainly lucky to have those self-generating blocks! They will make a great looking quilt.

And isn't it always the way that you run out of thread near the end!

Linda said...

Ooh, Jane, that is going to be a beautiful quilt...it looks good on your bed now and it isn't even finished. I like your little stitchery too.

Unknown said...

it is hard to believe that a whole bunch of tiny little blocks could actually come together and cover a bed...you are doing a bang up job!