Thursday 2 September 2010

Flower of the month-October


I had hoped to get October stitched well before this but  I had lost my transfer pencil and had to buy a new one.  I still can't find the old one, it seems to have disappeared into thin air!

Better late than never, here is October, the last of the Flower of the Month blocks to be stitched.

Again I used three strands of DMC thread throughout using stem stitch, straight stitch, back stitch, french knots and lazy daisy (detached chain).

Now that October has been stitched, the task of finding fabric and putting it together into a quilt begins.  Hopefully, a trip to the fabric shop should bring some inspiration.

6 comments:

Kucki68 said...

Maybe something green to unit the flowers in a sort of meadow setting?

Terry said...

great flowers. My view of fabric is nothing to over powering. You don't want to loose the sticheries.

Donna said...

Can hardly wait to see the quilt. Your stitching is beautiful.

Terry said...

It's lovely! Congratulations on getting them all finished! :0)

Rudee said...

Congrats on finishing them. I love the colors of October.

Sandy said...

It is lovely....I love the color of the flowers! Can't wait to see it all together.