Tuesday 14 September 2010

Creative Tuesdays-Birthday

The theme for this Creative Tuesday challenge was Birthday.  This was perfect timing for me, as I have finally got around to finishing DS2's birth sampler.

Poor boy has had to wait for everything.  I had stitched DS1's sampler while I was still pregnant, finishing and framing the stitching before he was six months old.  DS2 was probably three or four when I did the stitching, and now at 12, it's being finished!
He has his finished as a wall hanging, complete with dowel ready to hang.  All we have to do now is find the perfect space.

16 comments:

Maggi said...

Glad you got it finished and at least he is old enough to appreciate it now.

Annie said...

Adorable sampler. I don't consider them to be 'late' if you get them done before the kid goes to college!

Terry said...

Well done! I imagine he might appreciate it more now that he's older! LOL

Karen said...

aw bless!! it's adorable....

Karen said...

aw bless!! it's adorable....

Unknown said...

It is adorable. For sure he will probably appreciate it more now. Great job. I am so glad you enter your stitchery.I wish more folks would realize that type of art is eligible for CT.
QMM

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Great colors and detail! Congratulations on finishing; that's a great feeling for sure!

lissa said...

how beautiful - that's all I can come up with

Heather said...

such nice stitch work! I admire your talent. great keepsake

Betsy Brock said...

better late than never, right? :)

Wanda said...

What a perfect entry for the Birthday Theme. Nice work. You must have a lot of patients. Lovely!!!

Tammie Lee said...

congratulations for completing this. It is wonderful and be a precious keepsake! Perfect for the theme birthday.

zetor said...

Lovely sampler, such a nice keepsake for him.

Michael said...

amazing you do all this , jane. so good adn so swet too. How blessed they must feel to get this. I love it. Thank you for joining in this week. Will add it to the montage that goes up tomorrow with new theme! :)

Christine said...

what a lovely birthday sampler! glad you finally were able to finish it.

Karan said...

At least you got it finished... my DS is 24 & I still haven't got around to doing one! LOL You have had some great finishes... really enjoying seeing everything. :0)