Thursday 19 May 2011

Needle Case Swap

We've been having a needle case swap on the Yahoo group, Small Quilt Talk.  I had to wait patiently for my needle case to arrive at it's new home before I could post pictures.  Now I know it has arrived safely, here is what I made.

 Bonnie's favourite colour was red, so I hoped that the fabric I found in my stash would be suitable.  I found the button in my tin to go with it, and some fabric for the binding.

The pattern came from Kaaren, but instead of using black, I used red.
I forgot to take a photo after the accessories had been put inside, but there were a pair of scissor, tied with a bow in the scissor keep, pins and needles, some vintage poppers/press studs and hooks and eyes.  There was also a fat quarter in one of the pockets.

This has been a lovely swap and I was so glad Bonnie was happy with hers

8 comments:

Tudy said...

What a neat swap and so useful.

Annie said...

That is so precious! Love how you used the redwork stitchery. You did such a great job on this. I'm sure your partner is really pleased.

Terry said...

That's just beautiful! How nice to finally be able to see it after hearing about it while you were making it! :0)

Rudee said...

It's beautiful! I love the red.

Gina E. said...

That is lovely! There are so many variations of needlecases around, one could just about start a collection of different styles. But not ME - ha!
Have you received your needlecase yet? Or have I missed something again...I'll go back and have a look.

CraftyGryphon said...

That's just lovely. I bet your swapee just adores it!

Karen said...

wow Jane, this is amazing...the inside is especially gorgeous!!

Maggi said...

I am sure she would be delighted with it, anyone would.