Tuesday 24 May 2011

Friendship Quilts

You may remember that quite a while ago, possibly last year, I received a beautiful little cross stitch kit from Claire in a swap she was organising.  I've been collecting the threads I needed and the little embellishments, and finally got to stitching it this week.
I thoroughly enjoyed stitching, and with my new found love of quilting, it was great to see the different blocks depicted.  I am thinking I may make a project bag and use this stitching on the front, but that is for another day.

If anyone would like the chart, please let me know, it would be great if someone else could make use of it.

6 comments:

Angela said...

What a sweet little pattern, I think using it for your project bag is a wonderful idea!

Gina E. said...

Angela, you took the words right out of my head! It is lovely, Jane. I have a book full of cross stitch patterns based on quilt blocks, and I've done a couple of them for gifts in the past. The patterns look super in cross stitch.

Maggi said...

It looks lovely and what a good idea to use it for a project bag.

Karen said...

very pretty Jane...and apt considering all the quilts you make!!

Anonymous said...

I do love your cross stitch...it always looks so perfect. This is just delightful.

Knitting Linguist said...

That's just beautiful! I like the way it turned out :)