Friday 20 May 2011

Half Square Triangles

Rebecca at Chasing Cottons is holding a quilting class, Quilt Class 101.  I started following as I'd like to have more confidence to design quilts, and gain more experience in the quilting process.  This is where the HST's came in.  There seemed to be lots of them when I was cutting and trimming them, but eventually, they have made it into a quilt top.
I used a bundle of fat quarters with an autumn theme and  whatever neutral colours I had in my stash. 

I was amazed at the number of patterns could be formed just using half square triangles, and shall certainly be trying them out at some time.  In the meantime, as there is another week or so before the next lesson, I shall work on some of my other projects, and hopefully, get some finished and off the work table.

5 comments:

Annie said...

They look great. Seeing how the geometric patterns work up is always so much fun. Those fat quarter bundles really make it easy to get a pleasing blend of colors too.

Terry said...

I love HSTs and all you can do with them! Although I had to look closely at this picture to see that they were HSTs...I thought they were just squares sewn together! LOL

Rudee said...

Gorgeous, Jane. I like the colors you used and the pattern is lovely.

Maggi said...

I really like the way you have put the colours together.

Anonymous said...

Love this. Love the design. Love the colours. Very inspired to get the rotary cutter out. Lovely!