Saturday 21 May 2011

Jellicle Cats

I love the generosity of bloggers.  One day out of the blue, I received a package from Terry, it was the most beautiful collection of batik cats.   Of course, I had to look for some special fabric to go with them, but I found some and spent a lovely hour or so playing.  The result was this:
 I made it in a completely different way to the wall hangings I've done before.  I pieced the cats, then made a sandwich with the fabrics right side together and some batting.  I made hangers and pinned them in place.  Using the walking foot, I sewed all the way around, leaving a space to turn it all the right way.

Once it was all turned out, and all flat, I then went around and sewed just inside the outer edge all the way around.  I was really pleased with how it turned out, and I hope you think I've done justice  to your wonderful gift.

Thank you so much for the gift, and the fun I've had putting it together.  Now I can enjoy looking at them every day and think of your kindness.

10 comments:

Angela said...

What a fabulous gift, those cats are gorgeous and I love what you did with them :)

Donna said...

Beautiful wall hanging. I adore the cats! I really would like to get my hands on the cat material. Do you know the line or where your generous friend found it? Happy quilting!

Tudy said...

She is a Great daughter and friend. Love the way you did the wall hanging. I have done that on a baby quilt a long time ago.

Maggi said...

Love the wall hanging. The cats are so lovely with such amazing expressions.

Terry said...

Awesome

Terry said...

Those cats look wonderful! I knew I did the right thing sending them to you! You did a grat job on the wall hanging! Love the fabric you put with them too! :0)

Rudee said...

Terry is awesome! What a lovely gift.

Annie said...

Your Jellicle Cats are fabulous! Much easier way to construct a hanging than doing the binding, I must say!

Gina E. said...

It's gorgeous, Jane! The cats are cute, and the background fabric is perfect - great choice!

Anonymous said...

You definitely did these cute kitties justice.