Sunday 8 May 2011

In the pink

This month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour is pink, and I don't really like pink.  I got out my scraps and looked with dismay at them all.  I just didn't have a clue what to do with them.  After leaving them on the side for a couple of days, ideas slowly began to trickle through.

The first thing I did was to cut strips from four fabrics and join them, by adding some white, I came up with this.
This is big enough for a baby quilt or lap quilt, all I need to do is find some backing fabric.  I am thinking of a pink gingham and to bring the back over for the binding.  For the moment, I shall be putting to one side and thinking about what to do with the rest of the pink I have.

14 comments:

Sue said...

Whether you like pink or not, you have done a wonderful job.

Angela said...

I agree with Sue, you may not like pink but you have come up with a really cute little quilt!

Tudy said...

That is very pretty and would be great for a little girl or someone that liked pink. Have a great day.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Oh Jane, how I love Pink. I think you did a fantastic job of creating your lovely Pink quilt. VBG Hugs Judy

Donna said...

Gingham is so fresh and pretty and will make a lovely backing for your pretty quilt.

Amy said...

Cute and delicate :0) Perfect for a baby!

Terry said...

That came out really great! Well done! :0)

Wendy said...

This is a very pretty baby quilt! You did a great job on it.....

Rudee said...

The pink is so delicate and feminine. I like what you've done with the different fabrics.

scraphappy said...

Pink may not be your favorite, but some little girl would love to have that beautiful quilt. It looks like there are some nice spaces for fun quilting in the empty spaces.

Alison Gorf said...

I really like this - it looks very pretty!
Alison

Unknown said...

it turned out great and it would make a perfect baby girl quilt. I love the white......

Ellen said...

Wow - that little quilt turned out gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You should be thrilled with this. I find pink tricky too but you've really pulled this off.